Betty Moore Watercolors

Welcome to Betty Moore Watercolors

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Double lucky!

I grew up thinking buckeyes brought you luck.  My Dad always carried one in his pocket.  I thought they were magic.  Simple everyday things were special as a child, and I guess they still are now as an adult.  My little buckeye tree really suffered last year during the hot dry summer here in Southern Illinois.  It lost lots of leaves, and I was afraid it might die.  But it didn't, lucky.  This year the little tree has produced an abundant harvest of buckeyes. 


Now, buckeyes don't have any real value as far as I know.  But in the appreciation of the simple things in life, what a windfall!  I pick them up everyday, and have been delighted by the "doubles".  Lots and lots of pairs of buckeyes in the same shell.  I don't think I have every seen that before.

         And I do feel lucky...when I am painting with watercolors I am feeling VERY lucky.
 
This painting is available in my Etsy shop
 
Thank you for joining me in this little slice of my life!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment