Betty Moore Watercolors

Welcome to Betty Moore Watercolors

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Me and Booker T

Booker T and the MGs did "Green Onions"  in 1962.  Me, I did them in 2014!   My husband took the photo about 15 years ago, I decided it was time to use it for a watercolor.  Can you say A WHOLE LOT OF GREEN?   I actually did this watercolor with a different approach which helped since about 95 percent of the painting was green.  I usually paint all of one color pretty much at the same time.  I decided to paint one small section (one onion) at a time.  I was able to get the variation in the green this way, I did not start with a large amount of green ready to paint, but rather mixed the green for each onion individually.  That took a while longer, but it was a good experience.  Here's my green onions, Booker T's follows!
Painting is for sale in my Etsy Shop
 
Betty
Thank you for sharing in this little slice of my life
DON'T MISS BOOKER T
 

2 comments:

  1. We used to play "Green Onions" in band! Great painting, Betty, as usual! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Di. It was fun to connect the two!

    ReplyDelete