Betty Moore Watercolors

Welcome to Betty Moore Watercolors

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Country Kid

I grew up a county kid.   And my world was full of kids!  The fifth of six children, we had lots of kids at our house.  But that wasn't the extent of kids, the pasture was usually full of them too.  Goats, we always had goats.  I can remember a box full of baby goats in the kitchen on a cold night many times.  This picture of kids and kids was taken out by the barn.  I am still mad that I didn't make the picture!  My sister Nadine, brother Ralph and neighbor girl, Rosemary are pictured here, the year would have been 1959 I think. 
 
Well, I did learn to milk a goat but I never liked it.  Those goats had sharp hooves, and stomped them around too much for my comfort.  But I guess as a true country kid at heart, I will always be fond of goats, just as I am of sheep and the rest of the farm animals.  I painted a wooly sheep recently, we had those too.  It just had to happen, a nanny goat found her way in.  This nanny is very calm and patient looking, as I recall goats rarely got in a hurry.  Lots of standing and eating, looking around.  Not much stress in a goat's life and this gal, no kidding, looks pretty laid back.
 
This painting is available in my Etsy shop
 
Thank you for sharing this little slice of my life
Betty
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment