Betty Moore Watercolors

Welcome to Betty Moore Watercolors

Friday, November 22, 2013

Friends old and new

Well, watercolor paintings are really just pieces of paper with paint on them.  But, when you start with a blank piece of paper and just an idea of what you want on the paper, it's kind of like seeing someone you haven't met yet.  Then with lines on the paper, paint on the palette and water in the glass you wet that brush and it's hello, nice to meet you.  Then bit by bit you become more familiar with this new acquaintance.  A bit of blue, and you see something you like in them.  A mix of red and orange and oooooh, they are soooo nice.  The more time spent, the better you get to know them, and before it's over they are your true friend.  Someone you can really relate to.  Someone you feel like you know inside and out.  The painting becomes your friend.  "Against the wind" and I became the best of friends.  I knew just how he felt, and he liked me too!   That's him.
Sometimes friends can't stay around forever, and Against the wind moved on. 
I was really happy to see him go to a new home, I'm sure they love him, my old friend.
 
So, I have made a new friend.  We got to know each other rather quickly actually.  He is definitely his own person, but something about him reminds me of my old friend.  I like him quite a bit!

Prints of my new friend are available in my Etsy shop
 
Betty
 
Thanks for sharing this little slice of my life!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment