Betty Moore Watercolors

Welcome to Betty Moore Watercolors

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Lunch at the lake


I have lived on a lake for about two years here in Southern Illinois and have watched the blue herons with awe.  I think they are just magnificent.  I spotted one at the water's edge the other day and fortunately the binoculars were handy.  I was studying him when suddenly right before my eyes he made a swift move of his head into the water and came up with a good size fish!  I was impressed,  I couldn't believe how smoothly he caught it.  THEN... he moved the fish around in his beak til it was head first in his mouth and down it went!  One gulp!  It was a pretty big fish!   Before I got over the impressive act, he got another one, and again, one gulp and it was gone!  Ok, so I guess that is just the way blue herons eat, but it was pretty amazing to watch!  I knew right away I had to paint a heron having lunch at the lake.


Original has sold 
Prints available
 
Betty
Thank you for sharing this little slice of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment