Betty Moore Watercolors

Welcome to Betty Moore Watercolors

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Farewell to Dorothy

It's eerie how things happen sometimes.  This was one of those times. 
I met Dorothy over 30 years ago.  Wonderful lady, my friend's mother.  Dorothy was fun, interesting and my friend.  She gave me a beautiful, delicate teacup.  That teacup was displayed in my home for the next 30+ years.  A few months ago I received the call that the teacup had been broken while I wasn't home.  "It's ok" I told the apologetic caller.  I had enjoyed the teacup for many years, I knew I had been fortunate.  When I got home I stacked the pieces, I just couldn't throw them away.  I hadn't seen Dorothy in several years, I knew she hadn't been well.  But she was still my friend, and the teacup still dear to me.  Well, here is the eerie part.  A bit of time passed and I ran into an older lady friend and she said "you know we lost Dorothy".   No, I didn't know.  Her passing very closely coincided with the breaking of the teacup.  Now, I am not one to look for meaning in every event, but this was funny to me.  A little eerie.  I felt like it had been my goodbye from Dorothy.  Recently when I was cleaning house I once again dusted the broken teacup, and thought I should throw it away.  I decided to paint the pieces.  This is my farewell to Dorothy.  Maybe now I will let the broken pieces go, maybe.

 
 
Betty
Thank you for sharing in this little slice of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment