Betty Moore Watercolors

Welcome to Betty Moore Watercolors

Monday, February 3, 2014

Feeling Blue

When I start a bird painting I'm not sure what is going to happen.  I work from photos of seagulls that I took at the sailboat marina near my home in Southern Illinois.  Lots of photos of the seagulls in different postures, turned different directions, head up, head down, eyes open, eyes closed.  I start with the photo and change it around and try to let that particular painting evolve.  When I am able to do that, the bird really develops his own personality.  Some are sweet and soft, others not very nice guys.  Some are sleepy, others very alert.  This little guy seems to be feeling blue.  Not exactly sad, there isn't anything thing really wrong, things just aren't right.   Just feeling blue.
This painting is available in my Etsy shop
 
Betty
Thank you for sharing in this little slice of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment