Betty Moore Watercolors

Welcome to Betty Moore Watercolors

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Paint like it's 1982

I bought my first original piece of art in 1982.  A flowering cactus watercolor.  A simple painting with just a bit of the cactus with 3 little yellow blooms.  I LOVED that painting.  It hung on my wall for the next 30 years.  I can tell you that I looked at that painting many times and thought "I wish I could paint like that".  I allowed life to push my desire to paint back for a long time.  I have been painting with watercolors for about two years now and oh what a joy.  Today I decided to paint like it's 1982.  I like it. 
Painting is for sale in my Etsy shop
 
Betty
Thank you for sharing in this little slice of my life
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the simple beauty of your tulips -- I've seen that cactus painting and while it is good, you are by far a better artist. I am so pleased you allowed yourself to pursue painting not only for yourself, but for all the beauty you have given to the rest of us. Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dean for all of your encouragement and support. The cactus and a bowl of tomatoes kept that desire burning for a long time. Very glad to be enjoying the experience of painting!

    ReplyDelete