Betty Moore Watercolors

Welcome to Betty Moore Watercolors

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 12 of Thirty paintings in 30 days "Sunday at Grandma's"

This is day 12 of the 30 paintings in 30 days through January challenge that I am doing.  Thank you for following along.  The picture was taken in the spring of 1958 in my Grandma's yard.    How my Mother did it I will never know.  She claimed six children was her plan.  I was #5.  I am not experienced in painting figures, but I am pushing it during this challenge.  It is sweet to me, faded like the memories.
 
Betty
Thank you for sharing this little slice of my life!

3 comments:

  1. I love painting from old photos too. You can push the colors in a direction that makes them look old, which I see you did. I think your figures are fine. Next you have to lightly shadow the faces so they look like faces, no need to put features in..

    we're almost at the halfway mark for this challenge, I had better get to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This painting is beautiful. I love how you handled the figures and the amount of detail that you left out. The colors on the clothing and the values in the background are just amazing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patti, I don't remember the actual day the photo was taken, but I remember the feeling of the time, I feel I captured that fairly well.

      Delete