Betty Moore Watercolors

Welcome to Betty Moore Watercolors

Friday, January 3, 2014

Day 3-Thirty paintings in 30 days "Everyday Angel"


Today is my cousin Jimmy's birthday.  He was born just two months before me.  There were 13 of us cousins, and Jimmy and I have always been close.  So, on this third day of the thirty paintings in 30 days I painted my angel food cake for him!  I call it MY angel food cake because it really is.   I have made many, many of these angel food cakes.    This is my "everyday" cake. I make it for birthdays and funeral days and lots of other times too.  Here is one I made for a watercolor workshop. 


 

  Over 30 years ago a wonderful country woman, Dot, shared her angel food cake icing recipe with me.  The cake is actually just a vehicle for the icing.  You pour the icing on and it drips down the cake and puddles in wonderful crusty piles of salty, buttery sweetness.  The cake always goes on this yellow plate.  But today I made my old standby in a new way for Jimmy's birthday, I am starting 2014 out by taking the angel for a walk on the wild side!


"Everyday Angel" watercolor is available in my Etsy shop
Original has sold
 
Betty
Thank you for sharing this little slice of my life!
And Happy birthday Jimmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment