Betty Moore Watercolors

Welcome to Betty Moore Watercolors

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 30 of 30 paintings in 30 days!!! "Big Deal"

Hey, I made it!  I completed the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge!  Today's painting  "BIG DEAL"
because this challenge has been a big deal for me!  I have really pushed myself to try some new techniques and step outside my comfort zone a bit.  I still love the birds.  I like to paint them soft and sweet with a calming background.  To celebrate the end of the challenge and my continued love of painting the seagulls, I painted Big Deal today and he is BIG.  Much larger than my ususal paintings, measuring 20" x 20"!  That is a large watercolor in my books.  I painted my beloved sweet and soft guy, just big.  Thank you to all that have followed me through this challenge, the support has been appreciated.  I invite you to continue to follow my blog as I will be posting new paintings.  LIKE my facebook watercolor page too     https://www.facebook.com/bettymoorewatercolors for updates
This painting is available in my Etsy Shop
 
Just to give you an idea of Big Deal's size
 
Betty
Thank you for sharing in this little slice of my life
 

6 comments:

  1. Betty - I have enjoyed your birds every day thoughout the challenge. They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thank you so much. I do love to paint birds! It has been a good experience for me. Keep in touch! Betty

      Delete
  2. Beautiful... love the simplicity which I know is hard to acheive!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carol. And yes,it is a constant struggle to let the painting "work" instead of overworking it. Thank you again, Betty

      Delete
  3. This is adorable. Congrats on completing the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, that pose is adorable. Beautiful style. And wow! I would have no idea it was so big without that second photo (even with the dimensions. I am terrible judging size!) Terrific painting!

    ReplyDelete