Betty Moore Watercolors

Welcome to Betty Moore Watercolors

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day 10 Thirty paintings in 30 days Zippin along!

Day 10 of the thirty paintings in 30 days and I must say I am zipping along!  Long before I painted I sewed.  I started sewing when I was 10 years old.  Sewing became very natural to me, I say "I sew by sight" like some people play music by ear.  I don't sew very often anymore, but when I do I love it.  I ran across this vintage zipper that I had saved when looking for something recently.  I picked it up and it brought back sweet memories for me.  Memories of when zippers still had metal teeth and REALLY messed up the sewing machine when you got into them!  My sweet Mother (a master at the machine) would have to help me out of that one every time.  I couldn't hardly leave that zipper where I found it.  I wanted to work with it in a new way, I wanted to paint it.  Simple subject with simply wonderful memories for me.  I hope you like it.  Thank you for following me as I paint through January.
 
Original is available in my Etsy shop
 
 
Betty
Thank you for sharing this little slice of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment