Betty Moore Watercolors

Welcome to Betty Moore Watercolors

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 2 "Party's over"

Day 2 of the 30 paintings in 30 days
New Years Day we had a little get together.  A great way to start the new year, visiting with special friends.  We ate and drank and visited for hours, it was really nice.  As I cleaned the kitchen after our friends had left, I spied a treasure on the counter.  The little plastic sword pics for drinks were scattered over a napkin in a burst of color.  Laid out like "Pick up sticks" from long ago (anybody remember that game?).  They were turned every which way and I knew I had to paint them!

It was a fun day, and a fun painting!
 
Prints of "Party is over" available in my Etsy shop
 
Original has sold
 
Betty
Thank you for sharing this little slice of my life!

6 comments:

  1. This is such a cute composition. Love the colors. Great piece. Katrina Williams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katrina! The painting actually sold overnight, it brought back special memories for the new owner.

      Delete
  2. I always liked those tiny swords! And they make such a pretty composition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy, they were a little gift to me as I cleaned up!

      Delete