Betty Moore Watercolors

Welcome to Betty Moore Watercolors

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 5 of thirty paintings in 30 days "You say peony, I say piney"

This painting is very special to me.  Peonies were my Mother's favorite flower.  We had big pink blooms covered with big black ants at the side of the house every summer.  I have picked many bouquets to be stuck into a mason jar.   A mason jar of peonies were often taken to the cemetery for my grandparents' grave.  We used mason jars before mason jars were cool!  I was an adult before I heard this flower pronounced as "peony".  My Mother was from Arkansas, and she said "piney"!
"Go pick some pineys" she might say.  Well, I know now most folks say peony, but me, I say piney!
Mom, this piney is for you!
 
This painting is available in my Etsy shop
 
Betty
Thank you for sharing this little slice of my life!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Was that an ant that just crawled across my hand? I know Mom is proud of you, your piney, and all your paintings. You do beautiful work, Betty.

    ReplyDelete